Angela Lansbury Stars in "Blithe Spirit" in DC + Dinner PackageBlithe Spirit in Washington DC
Join the Special!
Find Us on Facebook
Lansbury, Oscar and multi-Tony winner, returns to the National Theatre in the role of Madame Arcati after her debut there 48 years ago in "Hotel Paradiso." This "Blithe Spirit" is director Michael Blakemore's revival of Noël Coward’s original original comedy. The New York Times hails it “A laugh machine sheathed in satiny sophistication!” And you can experience it on the following select performances:
- Thursdays, March 19 & 26 at 7:30pm
- Sundays, March 22 & 29 at 7:30pm
Note: This ticket and restaurant package is part of Restuarant.com's Nights Out in Washington DC. Packages are very limited and will sell out. The earlier you buy, the better your seat location will be so we recommend buying early.
- Limited number of tickets are available for each show and may sell out.
- There is a $4.50 processing fee per ticket
- Tickets will be delivered within 2 weeks of the performance to the address supplied via U.S. mail.
- Seats will be assigned at the discretion of the show/box office within the mezzanine section of the theatre.
- Seats are guaranteed to be together when in the same purchase. Seats assigned in rows in front or behind the same seats are considered together, but almost all seats are side by side including all pairs.
- Tickets cannot be set up for will call.
- Offer is non-refundable and cannot be combined with any other offer or applied to previously purchased tickets.
- No cash value or cash back. This is a date-specific event. Not valid after show date. All sales final.
- Only valid for U.S mailing addresses.
- $25 Restaurant.com eGift Card will be emailed to you within 2 weeks from the date of purchase to the email address associated with your Specials by Restaurant.com Account.
- Restaurant.com eGift Cards Never Expire.
- May be redeemed solely for services at www.restaurant.com/redemptions.
- Have no cash value and are not redeemable for cash at any time.
- Must be redeemed online for restaurant-specific certificates.
- Resale is prohibited unless authorized by Restaurant.com.
- This eGift Card cannot be brought directly into restaurants and must be redeemed online.
About Blithe Spirit in Washington DC
Fifty-eight years after making her pre-Broadway stage debut at the National Theatre in "Hotel Paradiso", television legend, Oscar-recipient, and five-time Tony Award-winner Angela Lansbury returns to the National Theatre for two weeks this spring in her Tony Award®-winning role as Madame Arcati, in Michael Blakemore’s revival of Noël Coward’s smash-hit comedy play, "Blithe Spirit". This special limited engagement – March 17 through 29 – follows the internationally acclaimed sold-out runs on Broadway and in London’s West End.
Researching for his new novel, Charles Condomine invites the implausible medium Madame Arcati to his house for a séance. While consumed in a trance, Madame Arcati unwittingly summons the ghost of Charles’ dead wife Elvira. Appearing only to Charles, Elvira soon makes a play to reclaim her husband, much to the chagrin of Charles’ new wife Ruth. Now if he wants his latest marriage to stand a Ghost of a chance, he’d better conjure up a solution quickly. One husband, two feuding wives and a whisper of mischief in the air – who will win in Coward’s unworldly comedy?
The National Theatre
1321 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
Washington, DC, 20004, US